ECOSPHERE Canada’s mission is to provide information and raise awareness about the many environmental challenges we face collectively. At the same time, we offer sustainable solutions to reduce our ecological footprint. The goal of this largest environmental event in Quebec is to create a place where people come together and share information and knowledge. In addition, we showcase alternative products, services, organizations and technologies that improve our health and that of the planet. Together, we can change the world!
ECOSPHERE GROUP’s VISION UNTIL 2024
By 2024, ECOSPHERE Group aims to create new places and opportunities for dissemination, exchange and business and marketing of eco-alternatives: products, services, organizations and technologies for our health and that of the planet.
As part of its Social Involvement Policy, the ECOSPHERE Group aims to leave a lasting environmental legacy in the environments where the fairs take place by : • Contributing to the mission of local organizations as well as by organizing local actions to protect the environment;
• Offering added value to eco-entrepreneurs by collaborating with regional development organizations, entrepreneurship support and crowd-funding platforms.
As such, with respect to the accelerator project, within 5 years, ECOSPHERE Group aims to evolve as follows :
• In complementarity with existing organizations supporting entrepreneurs as well as technical, commercial and financial experts in eco-entrepreneurship and taking advantage of the momentum created by fairs in several major cities in Quebec, ECOSPHERE Group will offer integrated services to cohorts of eco-entrepreneurs; coaching, access to crowdfunding and training on specific aspects of eco-entrepreneurship (E.g.: life cycle analysis, biomaterials, circular economy, impact assessment), as well as the specific aspects of the crowdfunding campaigns
(filming, editing and video dissemination of a crowdfunding campaign)) ;
• ECOSPHERE Group will develop a course on eco-entrepreneurship, as a complement to the Launching a Business course3, and will distribute it in all Quebec school boards through Entrepreneuriat Quebec. The Launching a Business course is recognized for student financial assistance from the Ministry of Education.
Once the cohorts of eco-businesses accelerated by the crowdfunding ironed out and the courses in eco-entrepreneurship broadcasted, ECOSPHERE Group will create an accelerator and an incubator of eco-companies4 in collaboration with the support organizations to entrepreneurs, technical experts, commercial and financial expertise in eco-entrepreneurship.
Thus, by 2024, ECOSPHERE Group will have:
1. Facilitated access to the crowdfunding of more than 100 eco-businesses that will have raised more than $ 2 million in sales;
2. Contributed to maintain or create more than 100 jobs throughout Quebec;
3. Allowed several hundred eco-entrepreneurs to develop their eco-entrepreneurship skills and obtain a Certificate of Vocational Studies (CVS) from the Ministry of Education;
4. Allowed more than 100 eco-entrepreneurs to participate in acceleration cohorts and more than 100 eco-entrepreneurs to take advantage of project incubation services.